Saturday 27 November 2010

Cleaning Up & Leaving #11

Seems crazy that I let so much time pass on here. I guess this blog seemed like a cool project during the time i was moving, whereas after it felt pointless. But I think I'm going to keep it going, since transforming my new place into a better one is going to be a long-term project. But here's the end of the moving story...



In order to clean up my old apartment I had to hire a carpet cleaner. I drove about 5 miles to good old HSS Hire near Heathrow airport:


This place literally never closes. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Handy to know in case you feel the need to hire a welder generator at 4 o'clock in the morning.


Anyway, en route to the hire outlet I drove down some weird road that I had never been down before, which housed several huge hotels. But the weird thing was that some of them looked kinda like the kind of places I imagine you would find in Las Vegas or Miami. Here's a couple of examples:


Here's me using the carpet cleaning device:


And here are some shots of the empty number 11, post clean up.





I did such a good job on the clean up that I got given my full deposit back. Pretty much a world first. Mind you, I did need that money to pay for my wooden floor fitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment