Monday 26 July 2010

Day 1 - Getting the Keys

On Friday night I got the keys. I got them pretty late though. After kicking Adam Smith's ass at Badminton and then cycling to Richmond, I found that all trains were cancelled. So I sat on my own and had dinner at Carluccio whilst waiting for a lift home. So I only got home & got the keys to the flat at about 22:00, and it was a bit dark to take photos. So here's what the place looked like the next morning...

The view just inside the front door:

And this is the view from the other end of the corridor looking back towards the front door:

Just next to the front door is another door that contains the boiler:

... that contains the boiler. A pretty useful storage space!

The next door along is the bathroom. A few weeks ago there was some kind of leak, so the floor got taken up and the side of the bath taken off. It looked pretty shabby:

Next up, the living room or front room or whatever you want to call it:

The french doors to the garden are the reason I chose this apartment. I like the idea of throwing open the door and having a cup of tea in the sun.

There are two bedrooms. A bigger one...

...with a wardrobe craftily hidden behind the door:

And a smaller one:

There's also a kitchen, which is a bit boring:

And as the Arctic Monkeys might say, here's the view from the afternoon:

Spot my car if you can:

4 comments:

  1. you doing the tile work in the bathroom yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahahah come on. You could save some real money that way. As long as the floor is level it's easy hahah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never done it before though. And I want the bathroom to be nice. So I don't want to risk messing it up.

    ReplyDelete