Wednesday 28 July 2010

Day 5 - Living Room Destruction

Another day off work. Job 1 was to take the remaining piece of skirting board off in the hallway that was previously obscured by the heater:

This was dead quick, but very satisfying. I'm thinking about storing some records in this spot when it's all finished. A nice piece of wall out of the sunlight seems like the perfect spot to me.

Next job was to attack the living room. After the carpet got taken yesterday, I could then get on with doing in this room what I did in the others. here's the starting point:

Step 1 - pull up the underlay:

Step 2 - pull up the goddamn carpet tacks:

The only problem was that these ones were nailed into the concrete floor (!) rather than glued on. So they left a series of messy holes.

Step 3 - skirting board removal.

Job done.

And just as I finished the hard work, the blind man came.

No, not the kind with a dog and a white cane. The kind with a folder of blind samples so I could order something to cover my french doors, because curtains look whack.

He told me a story about some gay Brazilian dude he had visited earlier, and how "gay people always have nice houses". Made me laugh. Then I ordered a white vertical blind from the 'blackout' range. Delivery will be 7-10 days. Stoked.

No comments:

Post a Comment