Thursday 5 August 2010

Wooden Floor Day 4

First job of the day was for Paul to fix the trim to the door frames. After cutting them and sticking them, long sticks were needed to press them into place while the glue set.


While he did this, I went to Jewson (which is just over the train bridge, about three minutes walk away) to buy skirting boards.

On the way back there was some chick giving away Watermelon flavour Rubicon, which made me laugh. I asked if I could take her picture & she replied "Yes, of course!".

I then got on with painting the stupid cupboard, which took ages:

Whilst Paul got on with cutting & fitting the skirting boards.

To fix them in place he used glue and this compressed air nail gun type thing, which looks mean as hell:

he managed to finish the two bedrooms and the hallway, which leaves the living room for tomorrow. And once fitted, things finally looked neat & tidy:

I then went back upstairs & spent about two hours cleaning my oven, which was possibly more boring than painting, and definitely the worst job ever.

Tomorrow is a big day. The floor will finally be 100% complete (which unfortunately means that I have to pay for it!) and I have to start moving my junk into the new place. Man, I need some sleep...

1 comment:

  1. JEWSON????
    great name.
    Also wearing a tee that says TASTY across the boobs = very cool.

    ReplyDelete